The Media Blog is five years old today. Below are the top 10 most-read posts from the past five years:
1. Newsnight strips "porn user" of her PhD... now you see it, now you don't. You admit on television to watching porn and the next thing you know you've been stripped of your hard-earned qualifications.
2. The Daily Mail turns the creepiness up a notch... the Daily Mail's distasteful coverage of young girls has been covered a number of times over the past five years but this post continues to get a steady stream of readers a year-and-a-half after it was published.
3. They didn't...?... Back in May 2012, the Liverpool Echo served up one of the most unfortunate page layouts of the past five years.
4. BBC calls its own Facebook fans "saddos"... As the BBC readied its website for the 2012 Olympics some holding text insulted its Facebook fans.
5. Daybreak viewers: Confused by time... Daybreak may have been pulled from the TV schedule but its former viewers continue to be confused by Good Morning Britain on ITV+1.
6. The Mail claims victory in moral crusade... the Daily Mail's campaign to clean up the internet gets more ironic but the week.
8. Ooops! The Daily Mail falls victim to spoof Steve Jobs iPhone recall Tweet... There have been plenty of cases of people being taken in by fake Twitter accounts over the past five years but this was one of the most notable examples.
9. The Daily Mail limps on with 'Big Fat' campaign... the Mail took offence at some jokes on Channel 4 and tried to whip up some outrage. Unfortunately even the paper's own readers didn't seem that bothered.
10. The Express misjudges the mood on Twitter... a promoted tweet sparked a remarkable backlash and saw Twitter users rallying to fritter away the Express's budget.